Forums Help & support How to open a secured file?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Wim L.

I can not find where to decrypt a file? Who can help me?

#12731 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hello Wim,

AxCrypt will allow the users to decrypt the encrypted file with the original password which is used for encryption. Please Follow the below instructions to decrypt the encrypted file(s),

First Sign in to the AxCrypt app with AxCrypt account credentials.

We can decrypt the AxCrypt encrypted file(s) by navigating the menu option File | Stop Securing from the AxCrypt app.

Or

In the AxCrypt app recent files tab, right click on the file(which you want to decrypt) and select Stop securing and remove from list

Or

In windows explorer, right click on the file and Select AxCrypt > Decrypt.

So please check the tutorial to decrypt the encrypted files with the AxCrypt app https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyixJ03qmkg&list=PLHRiJs6YxUhgR9sd66jR4ao0EiCxPO7u6&index=4 .

#12733 Reply

Wim L.

Hello Azhaguraja,

Thank’s for your help. You solved my “little” problem. I’m not a so strong reader of tutorials. My way is to see it happen twice, than I am able to learn things.

Many greetings and a happy day.

Wim

#12735 Reply

Jorge

I would like to send an encrypted file to a coworker.   If they do NOT have Axcrypt installed, can I just send them the  executable to open the file?  If yes, what is the password they would use?  I would like to set a different password versus my own Axcrypt password.  Thank you.

Jorge

#12739 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Jorge,

Please check out https://forum.axcrypt.net/information/get-started/ and specifically the section on key sharing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: How to open a secured file?
Your information: