Forums Help & support How to open files in non-associated programs

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Samuel

Hello

Do I understand correctly that if I use AxCrypt to encrypt a file, then I can only ever open that file in its associated program, and not in another program?  For example, on my computer I have three different text editors and four different browsers, but obviously TXT and HTML are associated only to one program.

Or… is there a way to open encrypted files in other programs, without continually decrypting and encrypting the files?

Thanks
    Samuel

(using Windows 7)

#10779 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Samuel,

No, you’ve understood it correctly. We always open in the default associated application. We don’t have a ‘transitive’ Open With option yet.

We try to keep it simple, and actually – try as I might, I don’t think I’ve had this request mentioned before… 20+ millions users and about 17+ years… It seems most settle on having one preferred application for a given extension.

I do understand why you’d want to be able to switch, but it’s not a common request apparently. Sorry, it’s not likely to be a priority in the near future.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: How to open files in non-associated programs
Your information: