Forums Help & support How to unencrypt files when PC with AX crypt installed has failed

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

FrogBox IT

Hi

We have a client whose PC’s OS has failed beyond repair, however we can access their data via a USB HD caddy. A lot of their files are encrypted with AX Crypt (i believe its the free version) If I install AX crypt on another PC and login to it with their credentials, will this allow me to unencrypyt the files?

Phil

#14850 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello FrogBox IT,

If I install AX crypt on another PC and login to it with their credentials, will this allow me to unencrypyt the files? –Yes, You can install the Axcrypt on another PC  and login with your credentials, then to open/decrypt the encrypted files.

Please note: If you know the file password(which was used in the file encryption process) to decrypt/open the encrypted file.

If you are asking any other query, please provide more information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: How to unencrypt files when PC with AX crypt installed has failed
Your information: