Forums Help & support I can open a an encrypted excel file just by double clicking it

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

R Skermer

Hi,

I can open a an encrypted excel file just by double clicking it.

I believe I have follow process: rgt click excel item, encrypt.

or Rgt click excel item, advanced, drag in file, encrypts, close file, double click encrypted file and it opens

Also new to this and expected a password each time on each file…not there anymore

Must admit I’m a little lost

regards

Rob…apologise in advance if missed something fundamental

Rob…apologise if this second send…not certain as query about missing e-mail address?? another “I’m Lost’!

#3563 Reply

Robert M

When you “sign in” to AxCrypt,  your password is cached so that encryption and decryption are automatic until and unless you sign out.

If you don’t want files to decrypt automatically, you have to “sign out” of AxCrypt.

#3564 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

As Robert says… Thank you, Robert!

There’s a related blog post about some aspects of this here: http://www.axcrypt.net/blog/leaving-computer-axcrypt/ .

#3588 Reply

R Skermer

Hi,

Thanks for the help.  Yes I know understand the change of principal.

Made me think.  I did prefer the previous Axcrypt 1 process BUT I agree that overall security of the computer is paramount.

My main concern has always been the theft of the PC or it’s contents, regarding private data.  So this has made me rethink my approach.

many regards

R Skermer

Rob

#3589 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Rob!

Glad we could help you out.

For the theft scenario, nothing really has changed security-wise between AxCrypt 1 and 2, since it’s unlikely (I h0pe) that someone would actually steal your computer with you being fully logged in to Windows. And, even in AxCrypt 1, there was a check box to remember the password and then it would stay remembered until you signed off, not just a screen saver went active or so. So in that situation, AxCrypt 2 is actually better than 1.

Svante

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: I can open a an encrypted excel file just by double clicking it
Your information: