Forums Bugs & issues I can't even get past sign in. Freezes screen

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Savage 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Savage

At first sight AxCrypt looked as if it was exactly what I was looking for but it has proven a complete waste of over an hour of my time.  I certainly could NOT recommend AxCrypt to anyone

#10872 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Savage,

I am sorry to hear this. This is certainly not the typical user experience! It really does work very well for 100s of thousands of users… We’d love to help you out, if you give us the chance.

Looking a little at our logs, there seems to be some issues on “your” side of things. The title says “freezes screen”, but we can see quite a bit of activity. It doesn’t look intentional, but you start by creating an account – where a one letter of the user name email 5 characters before the ‘@’ is a ‘g’. Then a little later you try again, but create a new accout where the letter in that position is now a ‘d’.

You’re also it seems bouncing a bit back and forth between the app and the web page – while that will work, it may be confusing.

Finally, it looks like you never succeeded in verifying the account – that’s the standard procedure used almost universally by service providers like us where we send an email to the registered email adress with a unique code. This in order to ensure that the person registering really has access to the email inbox and has spelled the email corrrectly.

So, I’d appreciate it if you could tell me if the screen really *freezes* – or you mean that you can’t get past the sign in screen?

You might be helped by seeing how it’s supposed to work here: https://youtu.be/jyixJ03qmkg . Read more at https://forum.axcrypt.net/information/get-started/ .

#10873 Reply

Savage

Yes thank you.  It was my own fault; I had miss-typed my own email address which led to the sign in problem.  That will teach me to use my phone for verification emails rather than another window on the computer.  Possibly using both froze the computer windows resulting in me having to do a hard restart to get out of the windows.  Sorry, I take back what I said.  I’m a grumpy old sod when it comes to computers etc. and I’m looking for an encryption program to secure the text and illustrations of a book I’m in the process of writing, but have not yet completed so it is not yet protected by copyright.  I’m taking my computer abroad and may well use a public network to upload additions and alterations to google drive.

Password security manager would be an additional advantage.

Will probably invest in premium once I’ve had time to try the program out.  I work between two computers, one windows 10, the other windows 8 using Word.  I like to be able to refer to the text occasionally on my Android phone but try not to fight the keyboard there unless it is only a very minor alteration.  I’m at over 13,000 words and cannot afford to lose the files or research.  So I will keep another backup on USB drive.

Thanks again

P

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: I can't even get past sign in. Freezes screen
Your information: