Forums Community I have lost the password for my folder

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 7 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Box

So i have started using AxCrypt to secure my password folder, but then i got signed out and forgot my password (the password for the file and my account are in the encrypted folder) I did reset my password for my account but then i cant open my encrypted file. I have a good idea what my password can be and i did send an email to support@axcrypt.net so you can try the brute force attack (as i read on the FAQ) , with my password idea. I have no idea why do you need 2 passwords to keep the file even more secure, and im panicking a lot, but i did write my most important password on a paper, but the rest are gone.

#6100 Reply

Gerard

Hi there.

You need your old password and your new password just until the files have been converted from version 1.7 to 2.

AxCrypt will not use the brute force for you. Read this page for instructions on how to use it.

You can download the current tool from here.

If you have totally forgotten the password then it will take hundreds of millions of years to recover, i.e. totally impractical. The tool is only of any use if you’ve forgotten a few characters (depending upon the length of your password) and you know the rest.

#6107 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Thanks Gerard. Hello Box, I’ve already responded via the support email with essentially the same information.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: I have lost the password for my folder
Your information: