Forums Bugs & issues I would like to recover deleted files

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Amilii 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jérémy

Hello,

I accidentally clicked the secure delete button thinking that I was clicking on the decryption button. I would like to know if there is any way to recover my files because they were hugely important.

Reply as soon as possible please.Thank you.

#10929 Reply

Jérémy

Bonjour,

J’ai cliqué par erreur sur la suppression sécurisée de fichier pensant que c’était pour désactiver le cryptage ces fichiers était très très très important s’il vous plait dites moi qu’il y a un moyen de les retrouver et lequel. Je vous en supplie !

#10932 Reply

Alec

Secure delete is exactly that.

“Hugely important” files should always be backed up.

There is no way to recover your files.

If they are very valuable files then you could consider paying a forensics firm a lot of money to see if they can recover anything from your hard disk.

#10955 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hello Jérémy,

The shredding, or wiping(secure delete), feature of AxCrypt allows you to erase files in a way that makes it impossible to recover the contents with undeletion software. However, there are some caveats:

• The name of the file, as well as the size, may be recovered.
    • If the file has been viewed or edited with an application that creates temporary copies of the content (such as Microsoft Office), those temporary copies may still be available for undeletion on your hard disk.

For more informations, please visit our information site https://forum.axcrypt.net/information/security/ and http://www.axantum.com/AxCrypt/etc/seagate128vs256.pdf (For AES 128 & 256 bit).

Always keep a backup of all your important files, encrypted or not.

#14338 Reply

Amilii

Hello, you can check the history first, if you do not delete the files permanently, you can still get them back. While if you still cannot find them, you can download a third-party tool. Do you know the Bitwar Data Recovery, although it is not well-known, I think it has stronger functions than other programs and has a high successful recovery rate? Maybe you can have a try, hope it can help you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: I would like to recover deleted files
Your information: