Forums Bugs & issues Latest AxCrypt changed logos on encrypted files, but passwords invalid

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Wayne

I installed the latest version of AxCrypt on 4/7/2017 under Win 10. Logos were updated on all old encrypted files.

Tried to open an old encrypted file today 4/9/2017 (last used on 4/4/2017) but password was not accepted.

Tried several more encrypted files, using AxCrypt, TruCrypt, and VeraCrypt with same result.

Re-installed AxCrypt 1.7.3180.0 and old logos were restored and I was able to open my encrypted files.

#6001 Reply

Kasper

You need to enable Auto Convert.

If you don’t then AxCrypt will only convert a version 1.7 file to a version 2 file when you next modify it.

#6004 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Wayne,

AxCrypt 2 will use the account and password you originally registered with AxCrypt 1  – possibly a long time ago.

If you do not remember the password to your account, you can always reset it. This is not a way to recover encrypted files! It’s only to allow you to sign in to the AxCrypt app and web. The new password will be used to encrypt new files. Go to https://account.axcrypt.net/Home/PasswordReset to do this, or you can also go there from AxCrypt with File | Options | Password Reset .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Latest AxCrypt changed logos on encrypted files, but passwords invalid
Your information: