Forums Help & support long time to encrypt

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Coby Brian 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Al Rose

I am trying the trial version of AxCrypt .  I used to used digital persona  which had a finger print reader and all i had to do was just use my fingerprint to encrypt any amount of files or notes , it was fast and what i liked about it was, it encrypted the actual  file and did not make a copy to encrypt and then have to delete the original ,I bought a new computer and Digital personal does not work on it with win 10 , Long story short i have tried numerous encryption software and they all do the same make a new file and that is encrypted then i have to delete the original , What i like about AxCrypt is that it encrypts the original file and there is nothing to delete , So i have had experience with multiple encryption programs and when i went encrypt something , i would right click to encrypt and the password  pop up comes up instantly , One thing i find with AxCrypt it takes 15 to 18 second for the password popup to show , and when decrypting  it take about the same time to decrypt . Decrypting or encrypting a single note pad takes that long . Just wondering why it takes so long when other programs i have tried do not . sorry for the long winded post ,

#18284 Reply

AxCrypt Suppoert

Hello Al Rose,

AxCrypt app performs as much as faster based on the user’s system configuration and the file size. When encrypting bulk amount of files or larger files, AxCrypt will take some more time to finish the encryption/decryption.

When we start the AxCrypt app, it will search for unencrypted files under the list of secured folders and encrypt the unencrypted files. In that time, AxCrypt might be take some extra time to complete the process.

We are going to start working on the App optimization issues. So users will get the optimized version of the AxCrypt app in near future

#18285 Reply

Al Rose

Thanks for the reply , i fear i might have confused you , sometimes i go into too much detail that i think i confused the reader.

I am not concerned about the amount of time to encrypt files i realize depending on the size it can take some time .

My questions is ,,,when i right click to encrypt a file when first using AxCrypt and need to put in the password ,the little window that pops up to put the password in takes 15 to 18, second to show .( 23 seconds today )

I realize once logged in after putting in the password  after that i can encrypt files during the same session on the computer a password is not needed so one can encrypt files  without having to put in the password each time .

Unfortunately i find that is not a secure way to operate as anyone can come on the computer and click on a file and it will decrypt .  ( during the same session )  so i log out of AxCrypt after encrypting .

This is not an old computer , ,It is about 2 months old and there is a minimum amount of apps on it . It is a sold state drive and it is a gaming  computer , Just asking why it takes so long for the password window to show .

This my operating system

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 9750H @ 2.60GHz 46 °C
    Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1330MHz (19-19-19-43)
    Motherboard
    Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MS-16W1 (U3E1)
    Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor (1920×1080@120Hz)
    Intel UHD Graphics 630 (MSI)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (MSI) 52 °C
    SLI Disabled
    Storage
    476GB Western Digital WDC PC SN530 SDBPNPZ-512G-1032 (Unknown (SSD))
    14GB Lexar USB Flash Drive USB Device (USB )
    Optical Drives
    No optical disk drives detected
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

thanks

Al Rose

#18301 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello  Al Rose,

Thanks for sharing the detailed information.

We have tried to recreate the same scenario with our local environment. But not able to recreate the same.

Still, we are investigating the issue, we will get back to you.

If you have any other queries, please contact our support team support@axcrypt.net.

#33260 Reply

Coby Brian

It sounds like you’ve been through a journey to find the right encryption tool, and AxCrypt’s method of encrypting the original file directly appeals to you. The delay you’re experiencing during encryption and decryption might be due to various factors, like the encryption algorithm, system resources, or the software’s optimization. AxCrypt might prioritize a thorough encryption process, which could cause the slight delay you’re noticing. If speed is a crucial factor, exploring other software with faster encryption methods might be worth considering. If you play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and want to get better, practice and learn from your gameplay patterns to enhance your skills.
    https://savvytipsguru.com/10-benefits-of-neck-pillows/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: long time to encrypt
Your information: