Forums Bugs & issues Maybe I'm missing something? Files still open after encryption!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Stee

Hi…..

I have an issue. A major one. I installed the software. Signed up etc…

I right clicked on a bunch of files and AxCrypt started doing its work. Once “encrypted” the files have the AxCrypt lock icon.

BUT…..if I double click on a file after a few seconds it opens up as if not encrypted at all!

I’m new at this and I’m sure I’m missing something.

Any help please?

Thanks

#7497 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Stee,

Yepp, you’re missing something ;-) We designed AxCrypt to be both convenient and secure.

AxCrypt 2 asks you to sign in to your account, which AxCrypt 1 did not. We now use a single sign on model where the same password is used to sign in to our servers and to protect your files.

AxCrypt 2 works just like your email software or most other password-protected systems. You sign in once, and remain signed in until signed out. Just like you can read many emails without entering the password every time, AxCrypt will do the same. The files are still encrypted, but your password is remembered until you sign out of AxCrypt.

AxCrypt stays signed in until signed out, just like most similar applications such as your email. Once signed in, you can read, write and update information without having to re-enter the password, until signed out. AxCrypt will automatically sign out when the screen saver goes active, or you can sign out manually.

Please read more in our blog: http://www.axcrypt.net/blog/leaving-computer-axcrypt/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Maybe I'm missing something? Files still open after encryption!
Your information: