Forums Bugs & issues New feature rename to original not working

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Ryan

Hi,

Testing the new feature to rename files back to their original names doesn’t seem to be working. I’ve tested with a few, including renaming a new file and then trying to return it back and I get the below error:

“Exception during processing of ‘C:/Users/*user*/Documents/Docs/1237116953.axx’ [Value cannot be null. Parameter name: fullName]”

#10826 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for the feedback. We’ll investigate immediately and release a patch version asap. See https://bitbucket.org/axantum/axcrypt-net/issues/419/rename-to-original-causes .

#11114 Reply

Michael

i downloaded version 2.1.1560.0 today. the feature to rename files back to original is not working.

#11118 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Michael,

Can you be more specific about how it is not working? What do you do, and what happens? Do you get an error message? If you can post a screen shot it helps a lot!

#11120 Reply

michael

i right click the file that i want restored to original name.  choose ‘rename to original’.  the first few times it just looked like

it processed the request. but the file name remained the same. now when i try to rename the file, the response takes me to

a website that asks me to buy axcrypt premium.

#11121 Reply

michael

i clicked ‘try premium’  (i missed that on the screen) and tried it again.  there is no response and no name change.

#11123 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hello Michael,

AxCrypt Premium subscription is required to access the features like Anonymous Rename and Rename to Original.

Anonymous Rename used to hide the names of your secured files with the random names.

Rename to Original used to restore the file names which are all Anonymous Renamed.

So try use the Rename to Original feature with the anonymous Renamed files.

If the above does not help, please send an email to support@axcrypt.net with the detailed information.

#12485 Reply

ahmed shhain

vaue cannot be null parameters name address

i have this issue as well .. any advice please ?

#12487 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello ahmed,

Can you please send a screen shot?

#12536 Reply

ahmed sh

that’s crazy … i have lost all my files due to this bug please please please do something about it … i paid the subscription exactly to not face such a problem and i end up loosing the most important files which i got during the last 3 years …

i feel like i want to shoot my self right now .. i have been trying to fix this since then .. but till now .. i have not managed to resolved it …

here is a screen shot

#12537 Reply

ahmed sh

the passwords which i used to have is also not working as well ..

i am 100% i wrote the correct passwords , but still its not getting decrypted .. please do not tell me i lost my files :(

sake !!

#12538 Reply

ahmed sh

its acting even more strange now … when i select files *.axx to decrypt it … it just do nothing at all and no message appear and the files are not getting decrypted .. please help me with that Svante

#12541 Reply

ahmed sh

now when i log in into my pc … this error appear

#12542 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello ahmed,

We’ve been trying to follow what’s happening through the logs – but it’s very hard to do because you’ve done so many things with so many email addresses (we’ve seen 4 I think)… Password resets, email changes, invites, deletions, re-creation etc.

Of course you should not get an error like you’re seeing, but in order for us to understand the current situation we’ll need a complete error report as described here: https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/send-complete-error-report/ .

This will give us more insight in the current situation, even if we can’t follow all the details of the sequence of events up to this point.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: New feature rename to original not working
Your information: