Forums Help & support New to AxCrypt

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Steve K. 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Steve K.

Hello,

As the title states I am a newbie to AxCrypt.  I’ve just downloaded and installed it, and begun my 30-day trial of the premium features.  I have a few questions:

Is there any way to hide the contents of a secure folder, or indeed to hide a secure folder entirely?

Is there any way to keep track of “renamed” files?  If you have an entire folder full of renamed files, how do you know which is which?

How often is AxCrypt updated?  When was the last time it was updated?

Thank you,

– Steve

#14944 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Steve K,

I will explain AxCrypt Secured Folder:

AxCrypt secures files, individually. However, you can designate folders as ‘secured’. The folders will be monitored for new files, and AxCrypt will secure all new files with a single click, or when you sign out.

You can also select multiple files, including all files in a folder, to be secured in a single operation. They still remain individual files, and the folder itself is not secured, just the files in it.

1. There is no option/way to hide the content of the secured folder or indeed to hide a secure folder entirely in the AxCrypt app.

You can secured your file/folder using the AxCrypt app.

If you know the file password(which was used in the file encryption process) to decrypt/open the encrypted file. Otherwise, Without file password nobody to decrypt the encrypted file.

2. We can restore the original name by decrypting those encrypted files or using the menu option File|Rename to Original via the AxCrypt app.

If you open the rename encrypted file, the original file name is displayed in the recent files list in the AxCrypt app.

3. Please check the link about the AxCrypt app release notes.https://forum.axcrypt.net/information/release-notes/

Still, you are asking any Query/issues, please provide more information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net.

#14948 Reply

Steve K.

Hello Prabhukumar,

Thank you for all of the information.

Best regards,

– Steve

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: New to AxCrypt
Your information: