Forums Help & support Newby questions

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

aophiuchus

To start with I am using a Macbook pro with latest OS.

1 – Are encrypted files which are copied to another device encrypted? i.e. I encrypt a file and copy it to a flash drive in sandisk safe… Is it any safer being encrypted than just being in the password protected safe on the flash drive?

2 – Are encrypted files that are backed up encrypted?

#9606 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello aophiuchus,

Once a file is encrypted with AxCrypt, it remains encrypted until decrypted. An AxCrypt-encrypted file is just a file, like a PDF file, a ZIP file, a TAR file, a TXT file, a DOCX file etc. So no matter how you copy it or move it around, it remains encrypted until decrypted.

#9612 Reply

aophiuchus

Thanks for the quick response

#9700 Reply

Madison

I cannot decrypt the files. Every time I try it tells me to enter my password and then it errors saying I am already logged in with the password. Please find me a solution to this glitch in your system

#9701 Reply

Anonymous

I cannot decrypt the files. Every time I try it tells me to enter my password and then it errors saying I am already logged in with the password. Please find me a solution to this glitch in your system.

#9704 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Madison,

It’s not a glitch in our system. It’s a glitch in your memory ;-)

You are not entering the right password for the file in question, so it asks you for it. You then re-enter the same password you used to sign in with – but that has already been tried, so we inform you that it’s no use re-entering a password you’re already signed in with and that we’ve already tried, and failed, to open the file with.

You need to remember the password originally used to encrypt the file. Remember that a password reset does NOT give you access to previously encrypted files. It only allows you to sign in to the system, and the new password is used to encrypt new files.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Newby questions
Your information: