Forums Bugs & issues Newest version lagging terribly !

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Davidabary 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Piotr

Hi. I’ve been using some quite new subversion of AxCrypt 2.x for months and it yes it was a bit slow, but after upgrading it to newest version (2.1.1585.0) it is terribly lagging! I have to click on “Uncrypt” or double click files even few times sometimes, because either nothing is going on or it takes ~ 10 seconds for a (small) file to uncrypt or even the problem freezes. Very bad I must say as for such important program. I have many, many files encrypted. Can you tell me what is going on and how to fix this?

#14435 Reply

Piotr

(…)

my computer is Lenovo ThinkPad T520 with new SSD and Windows 7 64-bit.

#14484 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Piotr,

AxCrypt is only limited by available hard disk space. When encrypting bulk amount of files or larger files, AxCrypt will take some more time to finish the encryption/decryption. AxCrypt performs as much as faster based on the user’s system configuration and the file size.

Also, We do have some performance issues(when working with more than 10000 files) and we are working on the application to optimize the performance when working with more files.

You can also send the complete error report to troubleshoot the issue. Please follow the detailed instructions to take the complete error report: https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/send-complete-error-report/ . so that we will try to troubleshoot the same as soon as possible.

Please provide more information about the issue and write an mail to support@axcrypt.net

#14485 Reply

Piotr

In which place did I write that I process files in bulk ?? This happens to me when I want to decrypt just 1 file. So, what do you think?

#14492 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Piotr,

Please explain what kind of file type do you encrypt/open/save/decrypt the file.? And provide your system configuration(operating system, version,etc..)

Sorry to say, Please provide more information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net

You can also send the complete error report to troubleshoot the issue. Please follow the detailed instructions to take the complete error report: https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/send-complete-error-report/ . so that we will try to troubleshoot the same as soon as possible.

#14495 Reply

Piotr

This happens to ANY kind of file and the files are small. For now just one question – have you ever observed similar issue? And how many seconds do you need for a small txt file to be opened on your computer in case AxCrypt is already started with password entered before clicking on the file.

Second, are there older 2.x subversions available to download ?

#14666 Reply

Piotr

Dear people, what similar ancrypting programs do you recommend? It should be able to store one master password as this program does. I’m tired of this slow AxCrypt thing.

#14685 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Piotr,

AxCrypt is only limited by available hard disk space. When encrypting bulk amounts of files or larger files, AxCrypt will take some more time to finish the encryption/decryption. AxCrypt performs as much as faster based on the user’s system configuration and the file size.

Also, We do have some performance issues(when working with more than 10000 files) and we are working on the application to optimize the performance when working with more files.

still, you are facing any issue, please provide more information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net.

#30022 Reply

Richard Van Allan

it is taking up to seven minutes to open an encrypted pdf.  not first time i’ve had this issue.  i remove the program, clean the cache or files as instructed and download the program.  it works for a couple of days.  now its seven minutes.  i’m stuck as everything is encrypted with this.  argh.

#30103 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Richard,

AxCrypt decrypts the encrypted file and helps to open the same with the corresponding application(s). AxCrypt performs as much as faster based on the user’s system configuration and the file size and file count.

When we open the encrypted files, AxCrypt will temporarily decrypt the encrypted files and try to open the decrypted file in the corresponding application which was mapped in the operating system

For example: if you open the doc file, AxCrypt just decrypts the files only. After that doc files are opening in the Corresponding Application only. So Corresponding application only takes a time to open the files.

If the above doesn’t help, please write an email to our support team support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Newest version lagging terribly !
Your information: