Forums Help & support No password accepted after upgraded to version 2

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Corinne 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Corinne

Hello,

I have used Axcrypt 1 for several years with no problem at all. Today I have upgraded my pc with the version 2 and I can’t use anymore Axcrypt.

When I want to open a crypted file or if I want to crypt a new file, whatever I enter in the password field I have a “alert” icon on the right on the field and nothing happens. The “aid text” on the icon says the password is incorrect, but I am sure of my password and it can’t be “incorrect” when a create a new crypted file.

problem with pswd

I don’t know what to do to make it work again.

thanks by advance for your help

#5978 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Corinne,

AxCrypt 2 actually uses the account you once created with us when you registered, so the password it’s asking for is the password to that account.

If you do not remember the password to your account, you can always reset it. This is not a way to recover encrypted files! It’s only to allow you to sign in to the AxCrypt app and web. The new password will be used to encrypt new files. Go to https://account.axcrypt.net/Home/PasswordReset to do this, or you can also go there from AxCrypt with File | Options | Password Reset .

#5990 Reply

Gordon

long time user of AxCrypt 1. Just upgraded to 2 premium. While using AxCrypt 1 my account was associated with my old id, ID-1. When I upgraded and paid for AxCrypt 2 Premium I used my newer id, ID-2.

The problem is: when trying to sign on with the newly installed AxC-2 Premium it displays my old id, ID-1. I no longer know the password for that. I want to sign on with my new id, ID-2.

How can I change the displayed id?

#5992 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Gordon,

Sorry about that, it’s something we’ll be improving.

For now, the easiest way to switch sign in identities is to click “Cancel” when prompted for the sign in password, and then go to File | Options | Clear All Settings and Exit

#5993 Reply

Gordon

Thank you. That did the trick.

#6009 Reply

J

am using the same password to decrypt/open files.  old files DO open, anything I opened last week with the new

version do NOT open.  can’t access them at all now.

#6015 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello J,

A screen shot of what actually fails would help determine your problem. It’s not clear what version of AxCrypt you’re running now, nor what preceeded the current problem.

Two situations are common:

1) You’ve downgraded to version 1, and you can’t open some files because they were upgraded to version 2 automatically when you did use version 2.

2) You upgraded, set a password, opened some old files which were upgraded and re-encrypted with the version 2 sign in password. Then you came back, realized you’d forgotten the sign in password and issued a password *reset* for the account. Now you have some files which are encrypted with the forgotten password.

#6016 Reply

Justin

am using the same password to decrypt/open files.  old files DO open, anything I opened last week with the new

version do NOT open.  can’t access them at all now.

Decrypt everything by using the correct passwords and then re-encrypt. Technically it won’t make any difference but you’re doing something wrong and you need to stick with a process you’ll understand and get all your files converted to the latest version.

AxCrypt2 opens AxCrypt2 files AND AxCrypt 1.7 files 

AxCrypt 1.7 opens AxCrypt 1.7 files but DOES NOT open AxCrypt 2 files

Use the correct password (try all your old ones), decrypt and then re-encrypt using version 2.

#6021 Reply

Corinne

Thanks Svant.

Fortunately I had another Pc with the old version so I could opened the file with my passwords, including the Axcrypt one….

Works fine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: No password accepted after upgraded to version 2
Your information: