Forums Help & support No prompt from AxCrypt for logon and password for a new site

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  webby 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Webby

Hello.  All of sudden (in the past couple of days) I’m not getting a prompt to store a logon and password for a new site. Any ideas, please?

#7434 Reply

Webby

I’ve just noticed that neither am I getting  a pre-filled logon and password for an existing site.

#7435 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Webby,

It’s not clear how this relates to AxCrypt. Could you post a screen shot of a situation and explain what is happening or not, and what you’re expecting to happen?

#7436 Reply

Webby

Hello, Svante – thanks for the quick reply

Let me do some more testing and I’ll get back to you this week.

Thanks.

#7993 Reply

webby

OK, so it’s starting to make a bit more sense – or, at least, I’m beginning to understand the issue….

When I try to access a site that I have accessed before, and is in my AxCrypt database, I am often presented with blank login/password details.  I have found the issue for this (although I don’t understand it)  – I have to be logged in to the AxCrypt web site in order for the stored login/password details to be displayed for the site I am trying to log in to.  Is this the way it is supposed to work?

My version of AxCrypt is 2.1.1489.0. on Windows 10.

Thanks.

#7994 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello webby,

Unfortunately it makes very little sense to me ;-)

What do you mean when you say “AxCrypt database”?

Are you a user of the online password manager, accessed via https://forum.axcrypt.net ?

In any case – AxCrypt does not affect your browsers behavior vis a vis password entry.

The desktop app AxCrypt does not affect your browser either. Also, 2.1.1489 is really ancient, please update!

#7995 Reply

webby

Hello, Svante

‘What do you mean when you say “AxCrypt database”?’ – I have made the….. assumption….. that my login and password information is held in a database somewhere. Apologies if this is incorrect.

‘Are you a user of the online password manager, accessed via https://forum.axcrypt.net ?’ – Yes, I am.

‘The desktop app AxCrypt does not affect your browser either.’ –  I don’t think my post said that.

‘Also, 2.1.1489 is really ancient, please update!’ – Will do.

Regards.

#7996 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Webby,

Ok, it was just the mention of the desktop app that was confusing in this context. Some users have a password file encrypted with the desktop app, and I was unsure if this is what you referred to when you said “AxCrypt database”.

So, you’re using the online password manager, and this issue is about that. In this case we don’t have to worry about the desktop app – but if you have it you should of course keep it up to date. But it’s not relevant for the online password manager.

You then write: “I have to be logged in to the AxCrypt web site in order for the stored login/password details to be displayed for the site I am trying to log in to.  Is this the way it is supposed to work?

Well, of course we won’t display anything in the password manager web, if you’re not signed in there. But, being signed in to https://account.axcrypt.net or not will not affect how *other* sites work, for example if they display pre-filled-in account information. Being signed in to other services may affect this, for example being signed in to your Google account if you’re using Chrome can affect this behavor. But not AxCrypt.

The AxCrypt online password manager tries to keep things simple with little or no complicated integration. It’s essentially a standalone separate web site from which you can lookup, and if you wish, copy/paste account information to other applications and web pages.

#7997 Reply

webby

Ok, thanks for your replies.

Regards.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: No prompt from AxCrypt for logon and password for a new site
Your information: