Forums Bugs & issues No quoick access right click to encrypt files

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

John

I just installed the free version 2 of Axcrypt, running Windows 7 Professional SP1

I cannot use right click to accees Axcrypt to encrypt a file, as Axcrypt does not appear on the right click windows pop-up menu.

any suggestions??   Thanks

#5959 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello John,

Did you install AxCrypt or download the standalone/portable version?

You must run the installer for right-click to work.

#6171 Reply

John

Hi Svante

I have been using the ‘old’ 1.X Axcrypt for many years: well done, for me it’s a much appreciated program.

I installed v2 using the setup.exe download from your website (I did not previously de-install manually v1.X, but the Axcrypt v2. setup does that (as you know). I am running Win 7 Pro SP1 on a 64bit Dell Optiplex 980. Stilkl no right click, and if relevant, I find that when invoking Axcrypt from the Windows ‘programs’ menu the loading seems abnormally slow…

I was disappointed to see that in v2 you moved secure wipe to the paid-up version!

regards

#6174 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello John,

Are you using something else than Windows Explorer as your shell?

#6182 Reply

John

Svente

as far as I know I am using the ‘out of the box’ standard Windows Explorer shell. But this is my work computer which is subject to centrally administered group policies over which I have no control, maybe something in those is interfering?

#6183 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

But this is my work computer which is subject to centrally administered group policies over which I have no control, maybe something in those is interfering?

Yepp, that would do it. Changing the shells settings is a privileged operation that may well be overridden by policy. You might want to just use the stand-alone version. You can still doube-click in the recent files list there, and do all operations from the main window and as long as you’re allowed to execute programs (which you obviously) are, it won’t be interfered with by such policies.

#6192 Reply

John

Svante

I intended to de-install and re-install Axcrypt as a test, but instead just  ‘repaired’ my install using that Axcrypt option (I did this after a Windows security update today, just in case that is relevant) . The problem has now gone away — i.e. I now have the file right click Windows menu presenting Axcrypyt . So the problem is solved, but not the mystery of why the problem was there in the first place!  regards and thanks…

#6193 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Ok… You do need to re-boot often after installing. It should tell you this, but many just close it and ignore it. Did you reboot after the first install?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: No quoick access right click to encrypt files
Your information: