Forums Help & support no verification code

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

sander van woudneberg

Hello,

I downloaded AxCrypt and tried to install. I do not get a mail with verification code. Not in the Spam either.

Best

Sander

#4900 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Sander,

From what we can see you did indeed receive the verification code, since your account is verified.

You received the verification email about 20 minutes after you initially registered, because this is a requirement from your email provider. They use a spam-limiting function called ‘greylisting’, which means that at the first connection attempt the email is refused, but it will be accepted at a later time. So, when we retried a little later, the mail was accepted and you received it to your inbox.

This is why there was a certain amount of delay. You should be aware of this behavior with your email provider, and I’m sure that if you think about you’ll recall that sometimes emails are delayed. Your providers’ greylisting procedure is the likely cause in more cases than this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: no verification code
Your information: