Forums Help & support Opening Encrypted Files without password

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dafney Dewitt

I tested AxCrypt by encrypting a batch of photos that were not important.  Encryption worked well and fast.  But I forgot the password.  So I deleted all the encrypted files.  Next I went to the recycle bin and marked the deleted files to be restored.  All the photos were restored and unencrypted.  Is this the way AxCrypt is supposed to work?  Doesn’t seem  secure if encryption can be broken by simply deleting and restoring?

#16163 Reply

Dafney Dewitt

Actually, AxCrpt, encrypted several folders containing photos.  Although it displayed photos as encrypted, it might have only encrypted the folders.  And when the folders were deleted and recovered, all of the photos were viewable without password.

#16167 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Dafney Dewitt,

AxCrypt encrypted files are still encrypted state if we delete the encrypted file from the system.

If restore the encrypted file, No way the encrypted file to change unencrypted state in the system. Still, your files are encrypted state only.

I think, if you try to open the restore encrypted file using AxCrypt app.now AxCrypt app open the encrypted files.

Please note: AxCrypt 2 now use a single sign-on model where the same password is used to sign in to our servers and to protect your files.

AxCrypt app are required to open/decrypt the AxCrypt encrypted files. without AxCrypt app we cannot decrypt the encrypted files.

Still, if you are facing any issues, please write to Support@axcrypt.net. we are happy to help you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Opening Encrypted Files without password
Your information: