Forums Help & support opening files from client

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 5 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

June Larguinha

Clients are overseas, sent files via email. I have the verification code but I can’t open the files. They are in a zip file.

#13376 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello June,

If you are trying to decrypt the someone’s AxCrypt encrypted file then you needs the someone’s file password which was used for file encryption.

AxCrypt has a key sharing feature letting you add recipients by email address, who when they receive the file can open it with their own AxCrypt password.

Just sign in to the AxCrypt app with your AxCrypt account.

Then try to decrypt or open the encrypted files which was key shared with your email address.

Please note: If reset your AxCrypt account password after key sharing a file with you then you will not get access to the key shared encrypted files with the new password(which was created after password reset). You have to use the old password to decrypt the encrypted files.

Still, if you are facing any issues, please feel free to contact our support(support@axcrypt.net) with detailed information about the issue.

Please check out our video tutorials at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoSoXBjq6iCG5232fHoWStA and our other documentation at https://forum.axcrypt.net/information/get-started/ to get started with AxCrypt.

#13378 Reply

Raymond Cheung

Hi Sir,

Is reset password same as “change password” in the client Option menu ?

I’ve tried to share an encrypted file to others, let say John by adding John’s email address in share key. Then send the file to John. John can open the encrypted file. Afterwards, I change my password in the Option menu. John send me back the encrypted file which I sent before. I still can open the file. Why ?

Thanks,

Raymond Cheung

#13382 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Raymond,

You can check the difference between the Password reset and password change here: https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/password-reset-axcrypt/  .

Please note: Password reset and password change are not same .

Password reset is not a way to recover encrypted files! It’s only to allow you to sign in to the AxCrypt app and web. The new password will be used to encrypt new files.

When you change (not reset) your password for your AxCrypt ID account, *all* files previously encrypted with that AxCrypt ID account will automatically open with the new changed password.

Please note: If reset your AxCrypt account password after key sharing a file with you then you will not get access to the key shared encrypted files with the new password(which was created after password reset). You have to use the old password to decrypt the encrypted files.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: opening files from client
Your information: