Forums Help & support Option for enabling passcode when decrypting files w/ Axcrypt 2.x

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Keith

Hi,

I recently upgraded from Axcrypt 1.x to 2.x and noticed that you are no longer prompted to enter a passcode when decrypting a file. While this provides a more seamless user experience it also places files at risk should my computer session ever be compromised. Is there anyway to enable passcode prompts in the 2.x options or is this something that is possible once my premium trial wears off? Please let me know your thoughts and any suggestions you may have.

Thanks.

#3603 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Keith,

I wrote a little longer text on this subject on our blog: http://www.axcrypt.net/blog/leaving-computer-axcrypt/ .

The short and long of it is that requiring password entry each time is not likely to increase the net security, on the contrary especially if it leads you to think that it’s safe to leave your computer physically accessible for anyone to use without requiring a Windows password.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Option for enabling passcode when decrypting files w/ Axcrypt 2.x
Your information: