Forums Help & support Original Icon

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Is there a feature that allows users to retain a file’s original icon? Thank you!

#8435 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Anonymous,

No, not really, because it’s part of what windows does. It is technically possible to use a so-called icon overlay, but it has never worked very well and requires a lot of very specific code for Windows.

So, sorry, we don’t support that!

#8436 Reply

Joshua

The only way would be to place the suffix before the final extension, as below;

Confidential_File.axx.txt

Windows will interpret the .txt extension and show a Notepad icon. AxCrypt could then intercept anything with .axx before the final part of the extension providing you manually opened the AxCrypt application.

The problem with this method is that you’d lose the ‘click to open’ ability in AxCrypt and the file would load in the native application which risks damaging it because you’d be editing encrypted material.

That’s the main reason such a method hasn’t been implemented.

#16174 Reply

Shourya Maheshwari

Recently, I uninstalled AxCrypt from my desktop as it was malfunctioning. Now, all my text files have stayed as .AXX file format and thus I cannot read what’s in those files – it’s all gibberish. How can I rectify that?

#16175 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Shourya,

AxCrypt encrypted files are still encrypted with .axx extension only ,after deleting/uninstall the AxCrypt app from the system.

Please note: AxCrypt account and AxCrypt app are required to open/decrypt the AxCrypt encrypted files. without AxCrypt app  we cannot decrypt the encrypted files.

so first install the AxCrypt app in your system, then decrypt the encrypted files, Now uninstall the AxCrypt app from the system.

Still, if you are facing any issues, please write to Support@axcrypt.net. we are happy to help you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Original Icon
Your information: