Forums Help & support OS change / loss of decrypting capacity

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ricardo Carvalho Vaz

Hallo, I am using Axcrypt free since 2012. In the mean time I lost the key file of the software, but not the password to encrypt/decrypt. I have a lot of encrypted important documents and I fear to loose the  Axcrypt software during an upgrade to W10. Question: If I download and reinstall the Axcrypt software and keep the same password as before, will it work? If not, is it possible to  fully decrypt the files to their original format and encrypt them with the new installed Axcrypt? It seems to me that decrypted files aquire an automatic temporary format that can only used through Axcrypt. What would you suggest to be done? Thank you.

#15348 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Ricardo,

It will work, you can download and reinstall the Axcrypt software and use the same password as before.

No need to decrypt all files and again encrypt the newly installed AxCrypt.

AxCrypt app encrypt file(s) with the .axx extension. AxCrypt encrypted files have their own file structure and AxCrypt app only can interpret and open those file(s). That’s the way AxCrypt was designed.

Still, you are asking any issues, please provide more information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: OS change / loss of decrypting capacity
Your information: