Forums Bugs & issues Passphrase is not sticky even when 'Remember this for decrypti" option is chosen

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Calisson

Although I have checked the box saying ‘Remember this for decryption’ I have to manually enter my passphrase each time I encrypt a file (I use the context menu via right clicking the file).

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

#3123 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello!

I have two suggestions in fact!

1) Try the new version 2 AxCrypt! Download from http://www.axcrypt.net/ .

2) Note that the AxCrypt 1.x dialog has two checkboxes. “Remember this for Decryption” and “Remember this for Encryption“. According to your question, you have checked the box for Decryption, and you ask why it’s not ‘taking’ when you Encrypt. Try checking the other checkbox to set a default for Encryption!

Yes, it can be a bit confusing, that’s why we’ve remade this completely in version 2, and made it so you’ll only ever really be using one password, and it’s remembered for encryption as well as for decryption while you’re signed in.

Regards,

Svante

#3134 Reply

Calisson

Actually both “Remember this for Decryption” and “Remember this for Encryption“ are checked–sorry I wasn’t clear about that.

I am writing from a different computer now so I will have to check which version I have installed.  I am still confused about why my passphrase is not sticky in Version 1 if both dialog boxes as described above are checked!

#3136 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello,

The password is sticky as long as you remain in a session. If you sign out of Windows or end AxCrypt, then the password needs to be re-entered.

If you have the checkboxes you have version 1.x. Version 2 looks and works differently, and makes this part easier. Try it out!

Regards,

Svante

#3177 Reply

Calissdon

Is there also a free version of AxCrypt version 2? I downloaded it but it seemed to indicate it was a 30-day free trial of a premium product. Am I misunderstanding?

#3178 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Calissdon,

First – please do not hijack one thread subject with a different subject. It makes it hard to follow and answer.

The Free and the Premium is the same software, but with Premium some extra features are available. See http://www.axcrypt.net/pricing/ for a feature comparison list.

Svante

#3192 Reply

Calisson

Sorry to have highjacked the thread–I was treating this as a conversation. Anyway, thanks for the advice re Version 2. I downloaded and installed it, and it is working great.

Calisson (“Callisdon” was a typo)

#3193 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Calisson!

Glad to hear that it’s working out for you, that’s the main thing!

Svante

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Passphrase is not sticky even when 'Remember this for decrypti" option is chosen
Your information: