Forums Help & support Problem Opening files

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Hercule 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Bob David

My PC was recently updated from Windows Vista to Windows Seven, Before the update some word files had been encrypted Since the update these files show as AXX files but I was given no option to decrypt and open them even though I know the Password I encrypted them with, in desperation I re downloaded Axcrypt again but I still cant decrypt these earlier files

#6426 Reply

Hercule

A screenshot would be helpful.

What’s stopping you from downloading AxCrypt and decrypting your files? You know the password.

#6427 Reply

Bob David

This is what I get when I try opening an encrypted file 

#6428 Reply

Hercule

Hello Bob David,

I see what you’re doing now. It seems that you don’t have AxCrypt installed on your upgraded computer but that’s very easy to solve.

As you’re on a fairly old operating system/computer, I’d recommend you download the same version of AxCrypt as you had before.

Scroll down the page until you see “AxCrypt Outdated Downloads” and then download:

AxCrypt-1.7.3180.0-Setup.exe

http://www.axantum.com/AxCrypt/Downloads.aspx

As soon as you’ve downloaded AxCrypt-1.7.3180.0-Setup.exe you need to install ist. Once you’ve done this you’ll be able to open your encrypted .AXX files just like you did before.

#6429 Reply

Bob David

I Have no idea who helped me sort this out but Thank you

#6430 Reply

Hercule

No problem Bob David. Glad to hear that you’ve got it sorted.

We’re mostly all users on here and there’s plenty of help available if you need any further assistance. :-)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Problem Opening files
Your information: