Forums Help & support Problem with saving Office 2019 files

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sylvio 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sylvio

Hi,
    I have AxCrypt 2.1.1585.0 free version
    and I have a problem with saving files with Office 2019.

After changing the file, I try to save but it really does not save.

Without AxCrypt, the changes in all files are saved.
    With AxCrypt, the changes of txt files are saved.
    With AxCrypt, the changes of docx or xlsx files are not saved.

What can I do?
    Thanks and best regards.

#15317 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Sylvio,

Please avoid sending the same query in different mediums. You may get duplicate responses.

AxCrypt will keep track on the opened encrypted files, to update and re-encrypt the same. If we opened the file and updated the contents, then AxCrypt will re-encrypt the updated file.

So after editing the encrypted files, we have to click the broom icon or sign out from the AxCrypt app to re-encrypt the updated files.We have to close all the instance of the encrypted file(s) opened application.

And the AxCrypt app will be checking whether the opened file and the corresponding application are closed or not? If closed, then the AxCrypt app will automatically update the contents of the file and re-encrypt the same.

Actually, we have to close the file opened application completely, to update and re-encrypt the file. Sometimes, we have to manually click the red Broom icon, to clean and update the pending files.

Still, you are asking any issues, please provide more information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net.

#15320 Reply

Sylvio

Hello Prabhukumar and Thank You.

The same problem doesn’t occur on another computer with the same version of AxCrypt, but with Office 2007 installed.

On my computer, I avoid the problem by decrypting the document before modifying it and then encrypting it again.

Have a nice day!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Problem with saving Office 2019 files
Your information: