Forums Community Protection of one's hard drive data on a different computer

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jan

Hi,

I was wondrering how is AxCrypt protecting my private/confidential data in case a stolen hard drive with all my sensitive information is taken out from my notebook and inserted into another notebook? Is the encrypted folder on a disk protected regardless of the computer?

Thank you for the answer.

Jan

#7309 Reply

Eduardo

Is the encrypted folder on a disk protected regardless of the computer?

Yes.

If a thief steals your hard drive you can be certain that he can’t see the files you’ve protected by AxCrypt. The simplest way is to check that your documents have the AxCrypt icon (see the bottom of this post) – if they do, they’re secured!

However for optimal protection (and to stop the thief snooping on other parts of your hard drive which are unencrypted) you should consider using something like BitLocker on Windows or FileVault on Mac.

AxCrypt protects your files when uploaded to the cloud, sent to somebody via email or copied onto a USB drive or CD/DVD. Anything you want to ensure is secured will end in “.axx” and have the icon.

BitLocker/FileVault protects your whole hard drive but not when files are copied off the hard drive – i.e. into the cloud, via email or onto a USB drive or CD/DVD.

AxCrypt icon

#7315 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Thank you, Eduardo!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Protection of one's hard drive data on a different computer
Your information: