Forums Help & support Questions on remote app install, multi user profiles on same system, & language

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Wayne Reaume

We have a couple of systems that are shared by a number of users. We would like to install the application remotely and see that you support a /quite option. However, we would like to be able to force a preferred language other than English.

Also, we’d like to install and activate the application once per system. Testing so far has resulted in the need to register the application for each user profile. Is there a way to register for the computer, rather that the currently logged in user.

And finally, while we’re evaluating the software, we would like to minimize user interactions, and pop-ups. Is there a command line option to install the application in freeware mode to avoid the trial period?

Thanks in advance,

W.

#3301 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Wayne,

I’m afraid we don’t really support your scenario at this time. You can do quite a lot with the installation process, using standard Windows Installer commands and switches. It’s just a standard installer package, so all such tricks works, including forcing parameters etc.

However, right now we don’t have the ability to do what you’re asking with per-system registration. I’m not sure what your scenario is though – is the intention that the users are not to use personal passwords, but rather all have access?

If you explain a little more I might be able to answer in more detail about now, and future plans.

As for command line switches, not at this time, though we’re planning to add one for off-line installation. You’ll still need to add an AxCrypt ID though (an e-mail plus a key-pair – this is what’s done when it connects to our server), so it’s not going to be more convenient.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Questions on remote app install, multi user profiles on same system, & language
Your information: