Forums Help & support Ransomware?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tosserberry 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Pickle Rick

I had used AxCrypt a few years ago on backup files that I had. Now I need to open them and transfer them to a new computer, and find out not only do I need to sign up for it and create an “account”, but in decrypting all the files (you bet your a$$ I’m not upgrading), I need to select each specific file rather than just the folder to decrypt.

What difference is this from Ransomware? Just because it’s not asking for $1M, doesn’t mean you can demand personal info from me when it wasn’t required before. Now I need to create a bogus Yahoo email account to set up a AxCrypt account to install AxCrypt to select the files one by one I want decrypted. If the Security Box company did that with the Security Box that’s sitting in my basement, the technicians they sent would now be part of my basement foundation. End of story. Keep your encryption garbage off my computer, and you know where to stick your account bs.

#9618 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Pickle Rick,

First of all – you’re welcome to use the old version 1 of AxCrypt for as long as you like, and we have it available for download at the old web site – http://www.axantum.com/ . It’s exactly the same software you presumably used before (with the advertising stuff removed since many years, it’s entirely clean).

Secondly, there’s no need to decrypt the files one by one with either version 1 or version 2 of AxCrypt, in this regard they work exactly the same. If you’re unsure of how to select multiple files in Windows, please contact your local support provider or even our AxCrypt support, we try to help out even when it’s just regular Windows usage that is the issue!

I’m sorry you object so much to using an email address to register. It is kind of standard practice for just about any service available today on the Internet. And, as you noticed, you can use a bogus email or why not a throwaway email, it’s even easier – if you really insist.

We also make the full source code available to both version 1 and version 2.

Considering all of the above, I find it a rather harsh, even unfair, judgement to make any kind of comparison between AxCrypt and ransomware.

#31140 Reply

tosserberry

Either version 1 or version 2 of AxCrypt can be used to decrypt files without having to do it one at a time because, in this respect, they are functionally identical. Please contact your local support provider or even our AxCrypt support if you are confused how to select numerous files in Windows. We will do our best to assist you, even if the problem is caused by routine Windows usage. slope game

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Ransomware?
Your information: