Forums Help & support Re-install questions/concerns

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Arthur Jones

The encrypting/de-crypting functionality of AxCrypt has been very glitchy lately and I’m contemplating an un-install and re-enstall of Version 2.1.  My current version is 2.1.1547.0.   

Questions:

1. Are free version 2.1 from website and my currently installed version 2.1.1547.0 really the same thing?  If not, should I expect any imcompatibility issues upon re-install?

2. Are there specific steps that you can share regarding how to do this “the right way.”

3. If I un-install current Axcrypt, are all of my Axcrypt-encrypted files then de-crypted and/or insecure during the interim until I can re-install and make operable again?

4. What happens with my existing password functionality in this scenario?

#11936 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Arthur,

The current version is right now indeed 2.1.1547 and is the one available at https://forum.axcrypt.net .

You should not see any incompatibilities in any case. We are always downwards compatible, i.e. newer versions always work with older encrypted files.

No special steps required – but do reboot if/when asked to.

Your files remain encrypted regardless of the install-state of AxCrypt.

Your files remain encrypted with the same password regardless of the install-state of AxCrypt or if you re-install.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Re-install questions/concerns
Your information: