Forums Help & support relationship between my encryption code and my login password

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have changed my login password on your web page to the pass phrase I would like to use to encrypt my files.  It has had no effect on my encrypted file on my windows system. I decrypted the file, then reencrypted it (it never asked for a encryption pass phrase)  and the file was encrypted with the old login from your website. How can I get them to sync to the pass phrase I want to use, or really never to login to your site.

#7793 Reply

Marvin

if I expect email responses, I probably should supply the email

I have changed my login password on your web page to the pass phrase I would like to use to encrypt my files. It has had no effect on my encrypted file on my windows system. I decrypted the file, then reencrypted it (it never asked for a encryption pass phrase) and the file was encrypted with the old login from your website. How can I get them to sync to the pass phrase I want to use, or really never to login to your site.

#7798 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Marvin,

What you’re saying does not make full sense to me.

First of all, please be aware of the difference between password *reset* and password *change*.

A *reset* is when you don’t know the old password, and only supply a new one. This is essentially a re-registration, and will not allow you to access files encrypted with the old password.

A *change* is when you do know the old password, and supply that as well as a new one. In this case, files encrypted with the old password will in fact be accessible with the new password due to the use of public key technology in AxCrypt.

Your first statement (“It has had no effect on my encrypted file on my windows system“) is consistent with you having issued a password *reset*.

Your second statement (“I decrypted the file, then reencrypted it (it never asked for a encryption pass phrase) and the file was encrypted with the old login from your website“) is hard to understand, unless you where in fact signed in with the “old login from your website” and you in the first step actually did a password *change* – but only via the web without signing out and signing in again in the app.

Can you perhaps clarify?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: relationship between my encryption code and my login password
Your information: