Forums Bugs & issues Rename files

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mathieu

Renaming files after encrypt them is not stable.

For the test :

– ecrypting 10 files in a directory with context menu. That works.

– selecting all of the 10 files and select “Rename” in context menu. Not working, and after that, Axcrypt frozen, must kill the process.

If i select only one file to rename, that works, but if i do it on a second file, Axcrypt frozen.

#3404 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello,

Actually, to be honest, I don’t think it’s frozen, just very slow… As mentioned, there’s a performance issue with selecting many files from Windows Explorer. This affects all such operations: encrypt/decrypt/wipe/rename .

If you can check, open up Task Manager. You should see an AxCrypt process appearing and disappearing there for a while, and then the operation started.

However, AxCrypt should not freeze during this – it should essentially not notice, although the Windows Explorer extension may behave strangely since it’s busy with this.

#3405 Reply

Mathieu

Ok, so i think i will wait for the fixed version before make more test. Do you have a release date for next version ?

#3406 Reply

Mathieu

In Axcrypt application itself, i can’t find “Rename” function. It is only in File Explorer context menu ?

#3407 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello,

We don’t have release dates, we’re on a continuous delivery schedule which typically means once or twice a week. We’ll be releasing a new version during the week, but I can’t promise that these fixes make it – it depends on the priority of other issues, but it’s likely.

If you’re using AxCrypt you’ll see a red light bulb in the upper right corner of the main window when there’s a newer version than the one you’re running available.

And yes, you’re right, we don’t have the rename feature in the menus. That’s an oversight. I’ve logged a new issue for that. You can follow it here . Thank you!

Svante

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Rename files
Your information: