Forums Help & support Right click

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  LAIGNIER 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

LAIGNIER Claude

Hello,
    For some time when a right click on a file to encrypt AxCrypt no longer appears. Thank you for helping me.
    cordially

#14176 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello LAIGNIER,

It might be happened because of some firewall/antivirus or other third party applications are blocking the AxCrypt app. So please check the firewall or other software settings.

Please provide more information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net . you can send a screenshot showing where the problem is, it often helps us understand.

#14179 Reply

LAIGNIER Claude

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hello, thank you for your quick response. I enclose a screenshot by email on “support@axcrypt.net”: the right click does not show “AxCrypt” on the copy!
    I did not change Antivirus and the right click function was active just recently.
    Best regards</p>

#14331 Reply

didier busuttil

Hello,

I have the same problem. Since I install the new version of AxCrypt (2.1.1585.0), “AxCrypt” hasn’t been visible anymore with a right click.

#14332 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello didier,

Please check whether you are using the AxCrypt portable version or installed version?

Currently, the AxCrypt right-click context menu is available only in the windows (Installer) version of the AxCrypt app. You can see the same by installing the latest version of the AxCrypt app in your windows system.

If you are using portable(standalone) version, please download and install the installable version of the AxCrypt app.

We can find the major differences between the standalone version and installer version of AxCrypt,  by clicking the following link: https://forum.axcrypt.net/support/faq/#download-version .

or It might be happened because of some firewall/antivirus or other third party applications are blocking the AxCrypt app. So please check the firewall or other software settings.

If the above does not help, Please provide more information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net . you can send a screenshot showing where the problem is, it often helps us understand.

#14334 Reply

Anonymous

i cannot get signed up for an account with this company.  I have tried resetting, but I never get an Email.

I installed the app on my laptop, it will only go local.  will not connect.

#14337 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Anonymous,

You might be used your old AxCrypt password(which is different from the one that is exists in our account server) to sign in to the AxCrypt app.

If users used an old AxCrypt account password to sign in with the AxCrypt app, then the AxCrypt app will warn the user and allow user to enter in local mode.

You can also use the AxCrypt app in local mode. But the currently used sign in password will be used to encrypt the files. We do not suggest the users to use it in local mode, unless any special cases.

So, Please use your latest password to sign in with the AxCrypt app without any issues. If the AxCrypt app is opened in offline state,then change the status from offline to online by enabling the internet connection in your system.

If you enabled the offline mode manually then please disable the that also.

Or

Please try to clear the AxCrypt local contents by clicking the Reset button in the sign in dialog or via the AxCrypt file menu File | Options | Clear All Settings & Restart.

Then uninstall the AxCrypt app and install the latest version of the AxCrypt app. You can download the same from our official website: https://forum.axcrypt.net/download/ .

Now install the AxCrypt app(with internet connection) and try to start AxCrypt with internet enabled.

#14463 Reply

Hans

Hello,

what happens  when  I encrypt a document and than encrypt the file in which the document is saved.

So the document gets encrypt twice

Thank you

#14470 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hello Hans,

AxCrypt will not encrypt the already encrypted files. Means, it will not encrypt .axx files.

AxCrypt encrypted files should have a “.axx” file extension. So AxCrypt once encrypts the file, then the file will be renamed to “filename-originalextension.axx”.

For example: Encrypting file name is “testDocument.txt”, then the AxCrypt encrypted file will be renamed to “testDocument-txt.axx”.

Once you encrypt the file with the AxCrypt app, then it will be secured. Nobody can access the encrypted files without the file password which was used in the file encryption. So no need to encrypt the file twice.

Instead of thinking to encrypt a file twice, please use strong passwords to secure your files.

For strong passwords, please refer to our password generator https://forum.axcrypt.net/password-generator/ .

Note: AxCrypt application only can decrypt/open the AxCrypt encrypted files.

#14478 Reply

LAIGNIER

Hello,
    Sorry but I am not Hans, you must make mistake of mail address!
    Thank you to check.
    Regards,
    Claude

#14479 Reply

Carl

I was surprised today to see the Axcrypt file I have on my desktop (Windows PC) had the name changed to the password used to open the file. Has anyone seen this or know what the problem is?

#14480 Reply

LAIGNIER

Hello,
    I do not understand your story that is totally foreign to me

#14482 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello LAIGNIER,

In same forums page, we are responding to the Hans query.

We are already responded to your query. Still, you have any query please write to email to our support team support@axcrypt.net .  we are happy to help you.

#14486 Reply

LAIGNIER

I did not look on the forum to find your answer to Hans but YOU sent me an email on allrit@wanadoo.fr ….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Right click
Your information: