Forums Community Same license, 1 user, on 2 machines on my home network

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Twana 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tinman

I have 1 premium license and 2 machines, I have a NAS that I have folders I want to encrypt.

Question #1. it does NOT appear that the secured folder list shares under my loggin across both machines, so If I am on machine #1 and go to NAS folder z:/pictures that does not seem to share across the devices. SO if I modify or use a file in that folder on machine 1 and I click the Broom icon when done it will re-encrypt modified and new docs correct? If I modify or add on machine#2 to that NAS folder, I must close down in machine #2 and then go back to machine #1 to click the red broom icon correct?

Question #2 What if I duplicate the secured folder list on both machines? Will this confuse AXcrypt?

#13426 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hello tinman,

AxCrypt app settings will differ from the systems/machines, not based on the AxCrypt account. You can locate the folder by navigating to the path C:\Users\’your system username’\AppData\Local\AxCrypt.

For the first question: Yes, you have to close the opened files and its corresponding applications in both the machines(based on the opened files – may be only in machine 1 or machine 2 or both machines). Then only AxCrypt can re-encrypt the files.

For example: If you modify the contents in machine1 with the AxCrypt app, you have to close the opened file with its corresponding opened application in machine1 to re-encrypt the opened file.

For the second question: As I said earlier, AxCrypt app settings will differ from the systems. So AxCrypt app will not get confused when you duplicate the secured folder list on both machines.

#17713 Reply

Twana

Thank you I will give it a look png to ico

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Same license, 1 user, on 2 machines on my home network
Your information: