Forums Help & support Saving Secured MS Office Files on MAC OS

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Frank Mix

When I edit a secured MS Office File on the MAC I must save with a new file name.  I can save simple text files without an issue if I unlock them first.  Is there some setting I need to change in order to save MS Office files without having to make a copy? Does save for MS Office on MAC require the Premium version?

#8303 Reply

Darren

When you say you “must save with a new file name” how are you opening the file?

• To decrypt the file: double click the icon, the file will load in Office, edit the file, close, it’ll encrypt
    • Do not manually decrypt the file otherwise, if I’ve understood you correctly, this may be the cause of your problem
    #8306 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Frank,

AxCrypt for Mac requires the Premium version for encryption and editing, yes. The free version for Mac is a viewer, it only supports viewing and decrypting.

I do not quite understand what you’re saying with “I can save simple text files without an issue if I unlock them first.

#8322 Reply

Frank Mix

Svante,

Thanks, you have answered my question.  By the way, I could unlock, but not save, text files on my MAC

#8323 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Frank,

I’m glad it’s all cleared up now! Good luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Saving Secured MS Office Files on MAC OS
Your information: