Forums Bugs & issues Says file does not exist

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Azhaguraja B 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

John

Im trying to open an encrypted file in Dropbox on my Android phone with the Axcrypt mobile app and it keeps saying the file does not exist

#11069 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello John,

What version of Android are you using? Can you send screen shots of the screens you get when you try to open it?

#11071 Reply

John

I am using the latest version of Axcrypt and Android 6.01 on a Samsung Note 4( latest version of android for my phone).
    I have trued to open files from two different folders in Dropbox in Android and get the same error, works fine on the PC.Error

#11072 Reply

John

I am using the latest version of Axcrypt and Android 6.01 on a Samsung Note 4( latest version of android for my phone).
    I have trued to open files from two different folders in Dropbox in Android and get the same error, works fine on the PC.Error

#11073 Reply

John

#11080 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hello John,

I had responded to your query in another channel. Please don’t post the same question in two or more different channels.

Here also i will write the same respose for some future reference for the users.

This problem has occured in the mobile device which is run by Android 6.0. But the same scenario(which you are trying) is working fine with the later version of Android(>=8.0).

If you directly open the file from Dropbox using the AxCrypt unlock icon, it’s throwing the file does not exists exception.

There is a misleading between the two apps in the older version of Android. We are checking on this issue and I will provide a simple temporary solution to work for now.

Download the file in your mobile from Dropbox and then try to open the file. Now AxCrypt app can open the file without any issues.

You can download the encrypted file anywhere in your mobile and open the same with the AxCrypt app.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Says file does not exist
Your information: