Forums Community Secure Folders

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tim 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Rob

Hi All

When Adding a folder to ‘Secured Folders’, is there any way to include sub folders of this? I have quite a folder structure I’d like to encrypt the files in but it seems I may have to enter each of the 200 subfolders as its own ‘Secured Folder’ or am I missing something?

#5830 Reply

Warren

Support for recursive encryption is being added shortly. It’s been listed as a major priority.

#5906 Reply

Bob

Has recursive folder encryption been added yet? This is a great piece of software but missing a valuable piece.

#5907 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hi Bob,

Sorry, no, a lot of things are happening and it’s still very high on our to-do list. We’re working on a Mac OS X version, we’re adding some features to our account web site, we’re updating the mobile apps. We’re also just introducing a new developer resource  so we’ll start getting even more done in the next few weeks I hope.

#5965 Reply

Tim

Svante, +1 for folder recursion. This is the only feature stopping me from getting a premium subscription. Let me know when this is enabled and you have a new customer. Also, I’m happy to try out a pre-release version. Thanks.

#5966 Reply

Aleš

Tim

I was playing around in Visual Studio and I managed to get recursive folder encryption working. It’s a simple-ish feature for AxCrypt to implement but it’ll take time because they have their priorities and have to quality check their own code.

If you’re comfortable with programming then you can easily add the feature yourself until the official release supports it.

#5969 Reply

Tim

Thanks for the input Ales.  I do have the project compiling on my machine and will explore.  However, I will probably wait for official version from the team before using this much.

#5976 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Tim & Aleš,

Technically it’s not that big a thing, but as Aleš notes, there’s a little bit more to it to go to production. There are many places we need to support it in, and also – the original reason for not supporting it was not that it was hard to do. It was because we have experience from AxCrypt 1 that some users really, really mess things up with this enabled…

Therefore we need to add several safeguards. One is a “enter password to confirm” when enabling the option. The other is probably some kind of warning when it will lead to very many files being encrypted. Finally, we’ll need to forbid some paths (such as C:\).

#5982 Reply

Tim

Great response and thanks for thinking through the full use case (and pit falls) before unleashing on the public.  I’m happy to wait for complete implementation from the team there.  Good luck until then.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Secure Folders
Your information: