Forums Bugs & issues Security issue on Android

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Azhaguraja B 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Normand

Hi,

I am using this app (which is great btw) for my special pdf files on my phone.

All my pdf files are encrypted, so it requires me to log in to be able to see content. At this point, everything is normal.

What I found really worries me. After I signed out, I opened my Acrobat PDF reader on my cell, to realize that all my encrypted files were there in the recent tab. I was able to click them and see content …. wow! What is the point to keep them encrypted if anybody can see content by just looking at Adobe Acrobat.

Any clue ?

#12834 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Normand,

The way phones work requires us to copy the file to our local location when we decrypt them for viewing. They remain there until you explicitly remove them from AxCrypt. There is a context menu for that.

#12835 Reply

Normand

Thanks Svante.

As I use my cell, not local desktop when I am away. I like the fact that I can keep personal documents encrypted (in case I lose my cell). At home I am using AxCrypt on my desktop and it works perfectly. What I can do is to flush recent documents in Adobe Acrobat after I log out of AxCrypt.

Regards,

#12851 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hello Normand,

We can remove the opened encrypted files history by using the Remove File option when long pressing on the selected file from the AxCrypt mobile app.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Security issue on Android
Your information: