Forums Community Sending encrypted files

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Phil

Hello,

Is it possible to send an encrypted file to someone and tell them what the password is or do they need AxCrypt too?

Thanks

Phil

#16015 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Phil,

You can send the encrypted file securely with others using AxCrypt key sharing.

You can send the encrypted file via email(Gmail, yahoo, etc..) to other users.

You can use the AxCrypt key sharing feature to encrypt your file(s), then key shares the file with other recipients,  If they want to open the received encrypted file then we have to share the file password with them or the files should be key shared with receivers’ email addresses.

I will explain about the key sharing features:

There is no need to share passwords in order to send or share files securely with others.

AxCrypt has a key sharing feature letting you add recipients by email address, who when they receive the file can open it with their own AxCrypt password.

Key sharing embeds the shared key into the file. The file must thus first be key shared with the recipient, then sent or file shared. Please note that AxCrypt does not share or send the actual file. To see a quick instructional video explaining how to use key sharing, please view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z3KOZD-Yks .

Note that the person you’re sending the file has to use AxCrypt 2 with the email address you shared the file.

Sharing a secured file is made directly from the AxCrypt software by choosing the secured file, click the share button and simply select the team member you want to share it to.

The recipient just needs a free AxCrypt ID and will be automatically invited via email if necessary. The invitation email contains instructions on how to view and edit the file.

Please note: Recipients need to have an AxCrypt app, AxCrypt application and account is mandatory is decrypt the encrypted files.

Please check out our video tutorials at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoSoXBjq6iCG5232fHoWStA and our other documentation at https://forum.axcrypt.net/information/get-started/ to get started with AxCrypt.

Still, you are facing any issue, please write a mail to support@axcrypt.net. We are happy to help you.

#16569 Reply

Anonymous

Is there a way I can see who received encrypted files that were shared with a key? I’m concerned that someone used AxCrypt’s key sharing function without my knowledge to gain access to files.

When I open AxCrypt, it lists “recent files.”

Most of this list contains the file names of encrypted files from a period in 2019. Some of them are private and legal in nature.

When I place the cursor on the file name, I receive a message stating:

“The file key has been shared with other AxCrypt users.”

But I have never shared a file key with another user. I do not want the key shared.

Even though I have the free edition, under options, I  can choose “export my public sharing key” which also contains my email address.  Is there a way I can permanently disable all key sharing — to and from, in every direction?

I want the files to remain private on my computer.

Also, is there a way I access see a list of the individuals who received the “shared” files?

Thanks!

#16598 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Anonymous,

We are responded to your other Forums(https://forum.axcrypt.net/forums/topic/how-to-share-encrypted-file-keys/page/2/#post-16595 ), so please check the same. Still, if you are facing any issues, please write to our support team(support@axcrypt.net). we are happy to help you.

#26621 Reply

Rob Horowitz

When sharing files with people outside of the organization, does the remote user need to download anything to their computer, or can it be done online.

Is there a way to personalize the email.

Currently, many of my suppliers have restrictions on downloads.  In addition, the very sales oriented email sent by default is highly inappropriate for me to send to clients.

#26627 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Rob Horowitz,

We have responded to your support email.

“Please avoid sending a same query in different mediums. You may get duplicate response”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Sending encrypted files
Your information: