Forums Help & support share file with passphrase

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Arnaud

Hello Svante, everybody

I realize a study case for my society and i’d like to known if is it possible to share a file with another person with a passphrase.

Exemple of what i need:

Comptability service of my society (Axcrypt 2.x) <- exchange a secret file A -> Society A (who has Axcrypt 1.x)

IT service of my society (Axcrypt 2.x) <- exchange a secret file B -> Society B (who has Axcrypt 2.x)

Are there many methods ? How can i do ? Only premium ? for all peoples ? Need 2.0 for all ?

Thanks

#7811 Reply

Raymond

The person sharing with others needs version 2 and a premium subscription.

The recipients need version 2 and a free account, and, they’re able to read/edit the document.

#7812 Reply

Arnaud

Thanks for your interest about my question.

I’d like to unknow if i can create a passphrase – like v1 – in addition to the personnal key ?

#7813 Reply

Arnaud

Sorry about mistake … correction

Thanks for your interest about my question.

I’d like to know if i can create a passphrase – like v1 – in addition to the personnal key ?

#7814 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Arnaud,

No, we don’t support multiple passwords with AxCrypt 2, and while AxCrypt 2 can open AxCrypt 1-files, AxCrypt 1 cannot open AxCrypt 2-files.

Is there any absolute reason why all parties can’t use AxCrypt 2 and the key sharing feature?

#7815 Reply

Arnaud

I will explain the problem I am facing.
    An external entity has Axcrypt 1 and, yes, they doesn’t want to switch to Axcrypt 2. I have to exchange data with it. according to your explanations, I understand that I could read the documents that she sends (shared passphrase) me but I could not send it to her because it can only read a shared passphrase. is it this ?

Regards

Arnaud

#7816 Reply

Victor

AxCrypt 2 files are encrypted differently than version 1.

If the person doesn’t want to upgrade to version 2 then you’ll have to use version 1.

There’s nothing AxCrypt can do to help you if your friend wants to use the old version.

#7817 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Arnaud,

Yes, you are essentially right when you say: “I could read the documents that she sends (shared passphrase) me but I could not send it to her“. The reason is that AxCrypt 2 stored encrypted data differently than AxCrypt 2, among other things in order to make the format more robust.

I suggest you ask why the other party is unwilling to upgrade. We no longer support or maintain AxCrypt 1, even if it is available still.

#7818 Reply

Anonymous

Hello,

It’s a decision taken by the IT service of the other party and i don’t know why (time, money, … ?).

Thanks a lot a long life to your project.

#7819 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello,

Ok, well… If you can let the other party know, we’d of course be interested to know why they chose to remain with unmaintained software, while we are very actively developing version 2. If they contact me via support att axcrypt dott net I’d be happy to listen to how they reason.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: share file with passphrase
Your information: