Forums Community Sharing Data

This topic contains 28 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 4 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Captain Quirk

My apologies to Eddie, for inadvertently making a Big Deal out of a little thing – that was not my intention!  It just sort of spiraled out of control when Svante chimed in and I thought he had misunderstood me.  (As it turns out, he hadn’t.)  So I went into a lengthy re-explanation.  If I had to do it all over again, I would’ve just kept my mouth shut in the first place.  :-)

I’m not really an uptight grammarian – it’s just that the “yes” response to Rob’s “either/or” question genuinely confused me, albeit just for a moment.  Eddie’s subsequent explanation cleared it up.  (I will say this, though: the very fact that many people on this forum are not native English speakers is all the more reason for us to be extra careful in our syntax.)

Thanks to both of you for your efforts (I know Eddie isn’t an AxCrypt employee or representative), and I wish you both a great day or evening, according to your respective time zones.   ;-)

#7560 Reply

Alex

Hi,

I have a PC that I use to share files with some colleagues. Each user uses TeamViewer to remotely access this PC. I want to start using AxCrypt and ideally dont want every user using the same password. I fear that, due to remotely accessing the PC, each user looks the same to the PC and therefore only one password is possible. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, Alex

#7562 Reply

Jordan

Hi Alex –

Simple solution: log out of AxCrypt once you’ve finished!

None of the other users will be able to see your files† and if multiple people want to encrypt their files then they can all create a free AxCrypt account.

Normally I’d suggest you have different Windows Accounts for security reasons but with TeamViewer effectively prevents this. You’re making yourself very vulnerable in general by having a single user account for everything but this isn’t something AxCrypt can help you with.

† Unless one of your users installs a keylogger or malware onto your system and then you’re screwed.

#7565 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Alex, and thanks Jordan!

We don’t just yet support convenient use of multiple AxCrypt accounts in a single Windows sign in session but it’s planned. Currently the easiest way to work around this limitation is to do File | Options | Clear All Settings and Exit, then type the email again.

Another note if you’re actually sharing one Windows log in with several people using TeamViewer. TeamViewer has become a very popular vector for breaking into computers and encrypting files for ransom. Do make sure that you have a very strong password on the system and that all users are aware of the necessity to keep that password secret.

#7566 Reply

Alex

Many thanks for your quick response Svante & Jordan. Much appreciated.

#10620 Reply

Prasanna

Hi

What happens 2 users wants to use same shared folder? Idea to is to have one shared folder protected by 2 user account and have access to it?

Thank you.

#10622 Reply

Will

Prasanna, all you do is get person one to share the folder with person two.

Both of you will then have access to it using <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>your own</span> passwords for security

#13500 Reply

Marc Fischler

I want to send an encrypted file to somebody who has not axcrypt.

Is it possible that he receive the file and open it ?

Thank you

#13504 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Marc,

AxCrypt application and account required to decrypt/open the AxCrypt encrypted files. Without the AxCrypt app we can’t open the encrypted files.

Only the person sharing the encrypted file needs the premium version – the recipient(s) can quite happily use the free version to decrypt/view the file.

#14879 Reply

Mike

Thanks Eddie and Svante for the excellent information shared here.  I’m a new Axcrypt user, and plan to use the key sharing functionality to share estate planning documents with my adult daughter.

I’ll have these documents update automatically with any changes I make, and have them available in OneDrive.  What I’m wondering is, if I send a (OneDrive) link to my daughter, and I have authorized her to view of each of the documents in Axcrypt, would I have to reauthorize each time I change a document, or would the key remain embedded as the documents are changed?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

#14914 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Mike,

Would I have to reauthorize each time I change a document? —- No need to reauthorize each time you change a document. (if key shared applied).

Until your premium subscription expires, your keys are in your file. if the premium subscription is expired, AxCrypt removes the keys.

If you are asking any other query, please provide more information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net.

#14919 Reply

Mike

Thanks so much for your speedy reply and assistance.

#15516 Reply

Frank

Hello Master,

I have a question about file sharing: user A has premium Axcrypt, he encrpted a file send to user B through email address, when user B register free version Axcrpt through internet and create his own password, then he can read the file. But the senario is if someone C get some way to login to B user’s email from another computer,  also C installed another copy of free version Axcrpt, can C read that file? Is there anyway, there is another “shared key” to protect that file to be opened?

Thanks very much!

Frank

#15539 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Frank,

C installed another copy of free version Axcrpt, can C read that file– No, C user cannot read the file.

Reason is. User A only shared the encrypted file with User B. so user B can open the encrypted with the own file password.

If the user C knows the file password of the encrypted file. now user C can open the encrypted file. otherwise no option to decrypt the file.

Please note: without file password nobody to decrypt the encrypted file.

Still, you are facing any issues, please provide more information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
Reply To: Sharing Data
Your information: