Forums Help & support Sharing files between premium and non-premium users

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

romy

Hello,

How can a user of a free account (on a PC) encrypt and share a file with a premium user?  I realize that seems like a simple question but I just want to make sure I understand it correctly.  In our research group, we have a mix of users with premium accounts and users without premium accounts, and we want to be able to encrypt and share files seamlessly (if possible)!

Thank you,

Romy

#11640 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello romy,

Key sharing is a paid feature – receiving key shared files is a free feature. So, to be able to encrypt and key share files seamlessly within your research group you’ll all need to have a paid subscription.

#11712 Reply

romy

Thanks for your reply.  If a user with a free account encrypts and email and file to another axcrypt user, how would the recipient open the file?

#11713 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello romy,

A user with a free accouint can’t really encrypt a file to share with others – not without also divulging and sharing his/her own supposedely personal and very secret password.

With a paid subscription, you can share. The recipient will then be able to open the file with his/her own password. No sharing of any passwords.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Sharing files between premium and non-premium users
Your information: