Forums Help & support Sharing files in folders

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 7 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Rob

Hello, what is the best way to share files that are in multiple folders under a main folder?  thanks!

#5832 Reply

Jeremy
    • Share the individual files or,
    • Share the sub-folders or,
    • Make exact copies, move them all into one sharing folder and share that

There’s no easy solution. This is a file management problem and not something that can be solved by encryption. Large companies use corporate intranets to simplify sharing and then apply the encryption to the underlying files. Smaller organisations or individuals are stuck with sharing individual files unless you’re willing to build an intranet/extranet to handle or this.

Personally I’d go with the last option. Have a group-share folder and then share that with set and subsets of authorized persons.

#5835 Reply

Rob

Thanks for this. What is the correct process to share a folder and all its subfolders? (I’ve tried what I think and it does not seem to work). Dos each subfolder have to be shared also?  thanks!!!

#5838 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hi Rob,

Yes, each sub folder has to be handled separately. We don’t yet support subfolder securing or encryption.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Sharing files in folders
Your information: