Forums Bugs & issues Should have time out function

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 7 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Peter

Just downloaded and have only be using for 30 minutes. My main concern right now is that you are constantly logged in. If I open an encrypted file, close it, and go grab coffee, it is open to anyone to open the encrypted files. I think there should be the option to make it so each file has to be opened with a password every time (like with Microsoft Word).

#6024 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Peter,

Don’t walk away from your computer without using a password protected screen saver, at the least! See https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/leaving-computer-axcrypt/ for a longer discussion about this.

That being said, we will be adding the the timeout option, even if it does promote a false sense of security – if you walk away from a computer without locking it, you are *** anyway as far as security goes. In the end we’ll be spending less time implementing it than answering questions about it ;-)

#6029 Reply

Anonymous

In the end we’ll be spending less time implementing it than answering questions about it ;-)

if, if, else, wait return

Probably less than 20 lines of code to implement a time-out function and it’d reduce questions/requests.

Maybe even include an option which sends the ‘Windows Key + L’ keystroke to Windows whenever time-out has elapsed. That’d provide security and give the user a tick box whereunder there is an explanation of the benefit of locking the system as opposed to locking only AxCrypt.

#6155 Reply

Peter

Hello Svante. Although I realize now the argument you are trying to make and I believe you are right.

#6159 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Peter,

:-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Should have time out function
Your information: