Forums Help & support Simply Password Protect (encrypt) of a file to be shared?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Val

Hi,

I have some files that I want to secure, but they’re shared with a team (and the membership of that team changes periodically). I would like to encrypt files and be able to specify or at least see what the PSK is to open them. Is there a way to do this with Axcrypt?

Ideally, I wanna encrypt a file, document what the password is for that file, and then store the file. Later (months later perhaps) someone who knows what the password is tries to access the file, and can do so without further action from me.

#5424 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hi,

Here’s how AxCrypt works with sharing. We have a function called ‘key sharing’ which means that you can embed an encrypted key to the file to any other person(s).

They will then open the file with their own password. No need to share passwords. You just add that persons email address to the list of persons who should be able to open the file, and they can.

Check out our videos on this at https://forum.axcrypt.net/ .

#5428 Reply

Val

Hi,

Appreciate the prompt reply, thank you very much!

I understand the sharing in a sense, and that’s probably fine for files that I have that are mine and I want to share. But for a departments files ….

What if I’m (or whomever encrypted the file) not around anymore? I don’t want an ‘owner’ specifically of a file, yet I want to encrypt it with a password/key/etc so anyone with that key can open it.

#5429 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

In this case, I’d suggest using a functional non-personal account as the ‘master’. Anyone with access to that account, would have access to the file.

We will be introducing key recovery for business accounts in the future but in the meantime, the above is a simple and effective work-around.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Simply Password Protect (encrypt) of a file to be shared?
Your information: