Forums Bugs & issues Some files refuse to encrypt with AxCrypt

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Azhaguraja B 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Nick

I’ve been testing out AxCrypt for the first time, and it seems to be great for my needs, since it encrypts very quickly and efficiently.

I did run into a strange issue though. Some files flat out refuse to encrypt. In fact they’re completely ignored by AxCrypt, and I can’t understand why. These files didn’t need to be encrypted, I just decided that it would just be logical for me to encrypt everything.

The files in question are just generic .wav and .wma sound files. I’ve tried moving them, and even supplying a copy from a previous backup, still the files are ignored by AxCrypt.

While this particular issue isn’t an immediate problem for me, it does point out that there’s a bug in AxCrypt that stops it from encrypting certain files.

I would be more than happy to provide a sample of the files in question if that would help get to the bottom of this issue. Just let me know where you’d like them to be uploaded. They’re all significantly smaller than 1MB each.

Thanks for reading!

#12349 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Nick,

My guess is that the files are marked as hidden or system. AxCrypt will silently ignore such files.

#12350 Reply

Nick

Hi Svante,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I’m aware that AxCrypt skips over Hidden and System files, this makes sense, but these are just normal files with no special attributes, they’re definitely not marked as Hidden or System files. I also checked if the files were perhaps marked “Read Only”, which is also not the case.

#12370 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

AxCrypt will not encrypt the your system folder(C:/). If the files are exists in the system folder, then AxCrypt will ignore those files. So copy those files into some other location in your system then encrypt the same.

Because we are able to encrypt the .wav files with the AxCrypt 2.x(screenshot attached).

Encrypt a wav file with AxCrypt 2

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Some files refuse to encrypt with AxCrypt
Your information: