Forums Help & support Standalone version won't run on Windows PD

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Don

Axcrypt standalone version: 2.1.1573

Windows system: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1809

Windows message on clicking Axcrypt .exe file: “This app can’t run on your PC”

No success with Windows compatibility troubleshooter.

#12494 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Don,

Not 100% sure what Windows PD is… But googling the message seems to point to Smart Screen as a possible culprit. You can also check and verify the digital signature of the executable.

#12496 Reply

Don

Apologies for typo. Windows PD should read Windows PC

Re your suggestions:

1. Turning off Window 10 Smart Screen has no effect.

2. The standalone version Axcrypt-2.1.1573.0.exe has no digital signature. Axcrypt-2.1.1573.0-Setup.exe and its installed AxCrypt.exe file do have digital signatures.

#12497 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Don,

Perhaps your download is broken or you have not downloaded from our site https://forum.axcrypt.net ?

The standalone executable has a valid digital signature. This was just downloaded directly from our site:

Digital Signature is OK

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  Svante.
    #12499 Reply

Don

Starting from the URL in your post (which is the one I have been using for my downloads) I get this for the standalone download. It has no tab for Digital Signature info. If I download the setup version for a Windows installation, there is a Digital Signatures tab.

#12500 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

It’s not a complete download. Are you using a download manager or something like that?

Note that the file is 0 (zero) bytes long – even if AxCrypt is compact and small, we’re not quite that small!

So it’s not that strange that it won’t run!

#12504 Reply

Don

Problem resolved. Attempted another download and acquired a standalone version with a Digital Signature which runs. Reason for previous download failures is unknown (I don’t use a download manager).

Thanks

#12506 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Don,

Glad to hear it. Happy AxCrypting!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Standalone version won't run on Windows PD
Your information: