Forums Community Subscription based software?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jonatan Pettersson 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jeff Beach

I’m really on the fence about this type of business model. Especially for software such as this at the personal home computer level. All i really need beyond the free version is encrypting  entire folders and sub folders. I can understand subscription type software purchase for virus type software and such because of the daily/weekly updates. But really all AxCrypt  is a glorified WinRar basicly. I would be more that happy to purchase and have to purchase future updates when I feel the need to get more features. Subscription level software this is not. I guarantee your missing out on a lot of people purchasing this software because of this. Other than that rant I really like your software. Thanks.

#15354 Reply

Hello Jeff!

A big reason we, and most other subscription based services, chose this business model is because of our online components. In short there’s an ongoing cost for us managing for example the key sharing and password manager. If we took a flat fee, it wouldn’t take long until we’d actually make a loss on every user.

However, I understand subscriptions are not for everyone, and you might be right in that there are people who would make a purchase if the model was different. All we can do is trying our best at making our subscription offer an as good deal as possible.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Subscription based software?
Your information: