Forums Help & support Unable to decrypt due to Temp directory's location

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jeff

I’m currently unable to decrypt a rather large file that I encrypted with Axcrypt because it’s larger than the SSD my operating system is installed on. I keep getting the error that there is not enough space on the disk to decrypt it. I’ve read your FAQs/Documentation on this site and the old one, and neither appear to have an option for this.

Is there any way to change this temporary directory’s location in Axcrypt to a different drive so that I will be able to decrypt my data, or does Axcrypt require I change my %LOCALAPPDATA% variable within Windows itself for all apps to go to a new location on a different drive?

Thanks for your help!

#5859 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Jeff,

Since it’s such a large file, I don’t see that you should open it and decrypt it using double-click, right?

I would place it on a drive where there is space to keep both the encrypted and decrypted file, and then right-click the file and select AxCrypt | Decrypt . It will then only use space in that folder.

#5861 Reply

Anonymous

I would place it on a drive where there is space to keep both the encrypted and decrypted file, and then right-click the file and select AxCrypt | Decrypt . It will then only use space in that folder.

I did try this and it still created the temporary file in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\ and gave me a not enough disk space error.

#5862 Reply

Jeff

Sorry, above post was me, not Anonymous.

#5863 Reply

Jeff

Nevermind, went back and tried again and it looks like I only tried it using Axcrypt v1, not v2.  With v2 the temporary file is not created.

Thanks for the help!

#5864 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Oh, sorry, I kind of assumed this was version 2 all along… Glad it all worked out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Unable to decrypt due to Temp directory's location
Your information: