Forums Help & support Unexpected Error – Inflating: oversubscriibed dynamic bit length trees

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mike Barbour

Hi

I am trying to decrypt a file and keep getting the message “Unexpected Error – Inflating: oversubscribed dynamic bit length trees” after the file name in an alert box. The file will not decrypt. Any help welcomed.

#10786 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Mike,

Can you give more details about the origin of the file, and the version of AxCrypt used for encryption and also if different, for decryption?

#10787 Reply

Mike Barbour

Hi it was encrypted with the most recent version of AxCrypt  which I downloaded last week. And then I have tried to decrypt it with both the same version and the most recent version which I have downloaded today.

The file is a Microsoft Excel file

#10788 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Mike,

This would seem to indicate that the file has been corrupted. How was the file stored, i.e. on what type of medium?

#10789 Reply

Mike Barbour

Hi

On a hard drive locally which backs up to a cloud server

Does this mean the file is now non accessible?

#10790 Reply

Mike Barbour

Hi

Just tried decrypting the file on another pc and it worked fine.

Problem solved but still unsure why

Thanks

Mike

#10791 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello,

This would indicate that the copy on the PC where it did not work indeed is corrupt. If you wish, I’d be happy to check this. You can send the encrypted files (without the password of course) to our support email and reference me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Unexpected Error – Inflating: oversubscriibed dynamic bit length trees
Your information: